Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine!




OK, you want romance? Sing this to your loved one on Valentine's Night.

O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie
That’s sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I:
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry:

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun;
I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only Luve
And fare thee weel, awhile!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho’ it were ten thousand mile.

The choice is yours, accompanied by a large man playing the bagpipes in the corner of the kitchen, some dry ice and Full Highland Dress, or possibly just slipped inside the card.

In the ensuing seconds of silence, as your stunned partner takes in the full might of what you have just done - it will surely resonate for years to come - you can fill the gap with the following fact.

"It's the song that inspired Bob Dylan"

That should do the trick.


3 comments:

Nationwide said...

To the thousands of you now photocopying this like mad I should point out that it was written by Scotland's bard, Rabbie Burns. (Pleasae don't say Robbie. It's not right)

Anonymous said...

You're my favourite Mr Skating Duck !

Nationwide said...

Skate - boarding, pulleeeeze!