Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Scamsters (2)

Scams lie in wait like little internet land mines, ready to damage anyone who passes by. The following attempt at fraud took place this week after an ad was placed in Craigslist by Dave, who was doing nothing more than looking to rent a FLAT IN LONDON. The reason it's so long is that it's all true and for the moment, unedited.

From: Gray
To: xxxxxxxx@craigslist
Sent: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 8.45pm
Subject: Flat wanted : London
Hello
I have an affordable apt for rent with cool enviroment and also furnished..contact me for details about the home, but am willing to let you have the apartment only if you promise me that you will keep the apartment clean always.i will let you have it for any price you can afford.just looking for some that will always keep the house clean
Looking forward to read from you
Gray.

Hi Gray,
Thankyou for the reply. I live in London and have done for a long time but am looking for affordable apartment short or long term. I am housetrained!! Where is the property?You can email me here any time.cheers
Dave


From: Gray
Sent: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 1.04pm
Subject: Flat wanted
Hello
Thanks for the email, i will like you to know that am so happy with your comment, and also i will to let you have the lovely home with what ever amount you can afford, and also i will like you to know that the reason why i and my wife are giving out these apartment is because we were transfer to west Africa on a business trip, and we don't think we will be coming back, cause after we are through with our business trip, we will finally move to Spain.and aslso here are some info about the home.

Property features
Waterfront View 1520 sq. ft. Central A/C & Heat Walk-in Closet 2 Jacuzzi Tubs Flat Screen TV Living Room Stove/Oven/Microwave Stainless Steel Appliances Separate laundry room with W/D Dishwasher Hardwood Floors Large Basement Storage Tile Floors Refrigerator Granite Countertops Skylights Alarm System bathroom,with toilet

Location
50 steps south of Canton Sq. (Supermarket, bars, restaurants, shops, salons/day spas, Blockbuster, Starbucks, etc.)
½ blocks from the Canton waterfront
7 blocks to Merritt Athletic Club
1 mile from Interstate 95
2 miles from John Hopkins Hospital and Bayview Medical Center
3 miles from UMD and Mercy Medical Centers
5 miles from Union Memorial Medical Center
Entrance Details Leather couch, exposed brick, wall- mounted flat screen plasma TV with surround sound DVD/CD player, hardwood floors, expandable dining table (seats 8)
Gourmet Kitchen
Spacious granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, dishwasher, garbage disposal
First Floor First floor bath, wireless internet, Washer/Dryer, and breakfast tableMaster
Bedroom Spacious bedroom plus 15 ft entrance way, queen bed, TV, linen closet, walk-in closet
Master Bath Dual sinks, Jacuzzi Tub/shower, storage cabinet, skylight
Bathroom 2
Jacuzzi Tub/shower, large basin sink, linen storage space, skylight

So i will like you to get back to with your with your Full home address, where i can send the key to the house and all other Document via DHL as soon as possible, and also i will like you to stick to your word that you will always make the apartment clean.
I will be looking forward to read from you
Gray.



Hello Gray
Thankyou for your reply which is very detailed. The apartment sounds very attractive.
You appear to live in Baltimore, Maryland. Which the last time I looked was in the USA
I live in London, England. Which is in Europe.
What is going on here?
regards
Dave

Sent: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 2.47pm
Subject: Flat wanted
Hello Dave
Thanks for the email, am so sorry for that, i will like you to know that i was decribing an area for a good friend of mine that happens to be in Baltimore, Maryland, he got a new job, and also he is new in Baltimore, Maryland. so i had to give him so miles aways from his work.
So sorry for that ok..do get back to me with your home address, where i can send you keys to the house and other document.
looking forward to read from you
Stay Blessed
Gray.


Hi Gray
That's ok. So where is the apartment?
cheers
Dave

From: Gray
Sent: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 8:39 am
Subject: Flat wanted..ACCEPTANCE
Hello Dave,
How are you today? i hope you are ok with picture i sent to you in the previous email, and also i have discuss with my wife So as i shall be giving you our house,pls again take care of the house However,since you are ready to rent the house now,then that will not be a problem but we will advice you due to a responsible person like you, and also let me know that amount you can afford for the apartment and also we would like to send the following document to you via the DHL and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possible occupy our house,Pls once again,we are giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint us and i promise you that,you will love the house.so here is the address to the house Willesden Green-NW2 4XX XXX St GXXXXX Road
So i am with the below document here with me and i will like you to get back with the
follwing details below
Receiver's Full Name
Delivery full address:
Here are the contents of the document.
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3)The house documetary file.
4)Payment Receipt.

So i will like you to go ahead and make the payment to Mr Kelvin Mike that happens to be my PA below is the info

Receiver's Name:Kelvin Mike
Receiver's City:Apapa
Receiver's State:Lagos
Receiver's Country:Nigeria
Text Question:What Year
Text Answer:2007
MTCN:???
Amount Send:

So as soon as you make the payment today, i will be abele to call UPS and pick up the document, and it will be 1-2 day delivery.
I await your reply ASAP.
Gray



Hello Gray,
Thankyou for writing back. I didn't receive an email with the picture but I would appreciate i if you could send that first. By an incredible coincidence I happen to know St GXXXXXX Road very well and know people who live there. It would be a better idea if I came to the house first and met you. What time/day would suit you?
cheers
Dave

Hi Dave
I never knew the picture wasnt attached, but anyway. i have done that now. well it nice to read from you that you know people from St GXXXXX Road but is unfournate i wont be there to show you round the house, cuz am in africa on a business trip which i stated in one of my previous mail, but pics will do you can always go around and check it out on your own.and also i will send you keys to the house and other document need.so i will also like you to get back with the amount you can afford for the apartment.
Looking forward to read from you
Gray.

Hi Gray,
Sorry, still no picture attached. You're not in the house? Is it empty? I'd really have to see round it first. It's an unusual request to ask someone to take over the running of their house without actually meeting first. How would I get in?
cheers
Dave

Hi Dave
Thanks for the email, i will like you to know that the key to the house are with in West Africa, and also they only way you can view the house is by me sending the key to the house to your home address, and also i will like you to know that the house is already furnished.also you can pay for the apartment, and if you dont like it when i send you the key to the house, we will refund your money back ASAP
Looking forward to read from you
Gray.


Hi Gray
Still no picture attached (!) but don't worry. Tomorrow I have to be in the area so will drive by the house. Do you know any of the neighbours? I'm not sure how long you've lived there but I'm sure you must have met one or two. If I have the chance I'll stop and ask. Once I've seen it from the outside I'll be in touch. I'll find it OK but which end of St GXXXXX Road is it on?
cheers

Dave



Hello Dave
Thanks for the email, the end of it London, Greater London, and also you can get back to me as soon as you drive pass the house.for a friend of mine, i do not associate with people.
Looking forward to read from you
Gray

Hi Gray,
Thanks for the email but sorry,maybe I'm being stupid, but I don't understand what you're saying. What's London, Greater London? What does that mean? And please accept my apologies, but I don't know what you're talking about in the last sentence. What friend?I was asking which of the neighbours you know. How long have you and your wife lived there? What is your wife's name anyway - maybe she knows the neighbours better than you. I'd certainly like to make sure that your neighbours know who I am. I don't want to worry them.cheers

Dave



Hello Dave
Thanks for the email, i will like you to know that we stay in UK just for 4 Month,and we never have time for any body nor neighbours,so i will like you to go ahead and check the home, and also i will send you picture to the apartment.
Gray

Hi Gray
That's fine, thanks, but I still don't understand what the London, Greater London reference is. What is that please?If everything is fine with the apartment I could go to a local bank. Do you know where the nearest one is to the house?And what did you say your wife's name was?

cheers
Dave

Hello Dave
Thanks for the email,my wife's name is Mary, and also forget about the London, Greater London, and also i will like you to know that i don't have an ideal of the nearest bank to the apartment is
Get Back
Gray


Hi Gray
Sorry, I didn't understand your reply about London, Greater London. I was just trying to find out where the apartment is. Is it near the shops? Have you lived there very long?
cheers
Dave

Hello Dave
Thanks for the email, i will like you to know that i only stay there for 4 Month, and also not very close to the Shop
Gray



Hello Dave
Am waiting to read from you
Lee


Sorry, who is Lee?


Hello Dave
Am still waiting to read from you
Lee


Hello again Lee. I'm sorry I have no idea who you are but you seem to be writing to me from Gray's email address. Who are you?
cheers
Dave

Hello Gray,
Somebody called Lee is sending me emails from your address. Who is that? I'm going to the flat this afternoon. I'm surprised you say it's not near the shops. I thought it was at that end of St GXXXXXX Road as the people I know stay at the other end. But I guess I'll see this afternoon. cheers
Dave

Hello Dave
How are you today? am sorry i was unable to email.that why i told Mr Lee to ask if have been able to drive pass the apartment.an also let me know if you still want the apartment.
Looking forward to read from you
Gray.


Hello Gray
Oh, that's why I received two emails from Mr Lee. I was wondering why someone else was using your email address.
I did go to the property yesterday but before we say anything else Gray, you did say 212, didn't you? There seems to so much confusion in these emails I just need to check that you got the number correct.

cheers
Dave


Hello Dave,
Thanks for the email yes i did say so.what happend ?.and also i will like you to get back with your home address, where i can ship the Document to via DHL today.
Looking forward to read from you
Gray.


Hello Gray,
There appears to be the most terrible confusion in our emails. The people I spoke to yesterday who live in the house, and have done for many years, say they have never heard of you and have no idea who you might be. Possibly there are 2 houses with the same number? Or possibly you have squatters in your home who give the appearance of being a family?
What do you think Gray?
cheers
Dave



Hello Dave
Thanks for the email, i will like you to know that it still the same house,but a vacante apartment for you, and also i told you that i don't associate my any one,and also don't have that time to keep friends am always alone.and also am so happy that you check the apartment,and also those people you meet are old tenant, and also am not familary with them, since am a very busy man.
I will like you to get back with your Full Name, Full Home Address.and also i will like you to know that i will deliver the Keys to the House and Document to you, and also get you the Receipt to Delivery.
And also i will like you to go ahead and make the payment for first month,and get back with the Payment Confirmation.so that i will be able to deliver the Documents to you.
I will be looking forward to read from you
Gray.



Hi Gray,

Thankyou for your email Gray. The house I went to was occupied. By a family. They've never heard of you. They live there. You don't. I understand you are a very busy man. With time to write a lot of emails. I also understand that you are married to a woman called Mary. But according to your last email you are always alone.Please reply and let me know what your explanation is.

cheers
Dave


Hello Gray
I haven't heard from you for a day. I await your reply.
cheers
Dave

Gray? Hello?







.

No comments: